Introduction to TradeStation Coding
Here’s How It Works
You will start the course with minimal to no knowledge on how to backtest and automate in TradeStation. Six hours later you will…
1) Know how to program a trading strategy.
2) Know how to backtest and validate that strategy.
3) And know how to automate that strategy.
This is knowledge which you will be able to apply to your trading for the rest of your life.
In this class you will start from the beginning and within hours have the skill to take one of our Strategy Guidebooks and program it in TradeStation yourself. Plus, you will have the knowledge to automatically trade your strategy once the class is completed.
Why Take the Course?
If you’ve been trading for any length of time, you’ve probably wondered how well a particular technical indicator has identified profitable trade set-ups in the past. Maybe you just want to be self-sufficient enough to find your own trading signals on a daily basis rather than waiting for someone else to send you trade alerts. Or perhaps you’re already trading a quantified strategy and you’d like to automate it.
TradeStation is a powerful technical analysis program, with advanced charting, backtesting, optimizing, scanning and auto execution (in both simulated and real accounts) capabilities. TradeStation is utilized by all types of traders to develop and test and automatically trade their strategies. You will learn how to program, backtest, and automate your trading strategies in one day in this course.
This course is designed for traders who use the TradeStation Platform and want to learn how to create simple backtests and/or generate trading signals, but who have little or no familiarity with EasyLanguage, the TradeStation scripting language. At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Automate your trading strategies.
- Create, modify, backtest, optimize, and execute simple TradeStation Strategies.
- Create your own custom indicator, and add it to an TradeStation chart.
- Use RadarScreen and the TradeStation Scanner to find the best strategy set-ups.
- Approximately six hours of online instruction with TradeStation expert Stuart Okorofsky (see Stuart’s biography below).
- Ability to interact with the instructor to ask questions, troubleshoot problems, etc.
- TradeStation code templates that you can easily modify for your own needs.
- A complete description of many commonly used TradeStation Functions
- A free copy of the Strategy Guidebook “ConnorsRSI Selective Strategy for ETFs and Stocks”, which we will use as the basis for our backtest.