James Glassman - The Secret Code of The Superior Investor
James Glassman – The Secret Code of The Superior Investor
In these uncertain times, learn how to crack the code and become a superior investor. Don’t worry about the market, the economy, or the Fed. Instead, concentrate on what’s important: how to construct your own bulletproof portfolio by finding the best individual stocks and mutual funds for you. This timely book is your guide to volatile markets.
We live in a world saturated with the short-term: Who’s up, who’s down? Which stocks rose yesterday, which fell? Did corporate profits rise (or drop) last quarter . . . what’s going to happen this quarter? Is Alan Greenspan raising (or lowering) interest rates . . . what’s the impact?
The superior investor knows that none of this matters. He or she understands that investing is simple, but not in the way most people think. With Jim Glassman as your guide, everything about investing becomes clear. You’ll know what to do, how to behave, and how to profit—whatever the market, the economy, and your stocks are doing.
Superior investors crack the code of investing and practice a coherent philosophy that gives them the strength and confidence to do the right thing no matter which way the economic and financial winds blow. They’re relaxed—calm, cool, and collected—because the secret code provides the foundation for making superior investments, the kind that generate wealth to fund more interesting pursuits, provide for their children’s education, and fund retirement.
* Are not outsmarters—people who try to beat the system through inside advice and superior brainpower—but partakers. They know that the best way to make money is to share in the profits of successful businesses.
* Own a portfolio that looks like the U.S. economy ten years from now.
* Know the kind of investments they should be making (e.g., pharmaceuticals, for-profit education, mind-numbingly boring but extraordinarily profitable companies) and those they should not (e.g., corporate bonds).
* Understand when to start selling the stocks they’ve bought: almost never . . . only when the fundamental reasons why they bought in the first place change.
* Understand how to pick the companies that will make them superior investors.
* See that bear markets are for buying.
We live in a world of increasing uncertainty, but by practicing the principles of The Secret Code of the Superior Investor day-in and day-out for years on end, your future will indeed be superior.