J.Rodes Buchanan M.D - Periodicity
Joseph Rodes Buchanan (1814 – 1899) was an American physician and professor of physiology at the Eclectic Medical Institute in Covington, Kentucky.
He was the author of System of Anthropology, The New Education, Manual of Psychometry, Therapeutic Sarcognomy, Professor of Physiology and Instructor of Medicine in the colleges at Cincinnati, New York and Boston, and Dean of the Faculty in the parent school of American Eclecticism at Cincinnati.
He later published his 1897 book "Periodicity: The Absolute Law of the Entire Universe" in which he covers the following topics:
1. The course of every life from birth to death.
2. When to prepare for success, and when for failure.
3. When to toil and when to rest for health.
4. How to avoid or overcome misfortune.
5. How every life affects other lives.
6. Whom to seek and whom to avoid in marriage, friendship and business.
7. Counsel as to parents and children.
8. Warnings to patients and physicians.
9. Influence of upon and planets on tides, weather, vegetation, earthquakes and lift.
10. Warnings that may protect life and property,
11. Plain rules to find your own years, months and days for success or failure, health or sickness.
12. Destiny of Nations shown in the history of the United States.
13. Dangers of the next eighteen years.
14. Personal experience as examples.
15. Demonstration in the life of NAPOLEON BONAPARTE.